Happy Healthy Joy Filled New Year to all.
SEAF – Seattle Erotic Art Festival:
Call for Art Opens January 1, Noon
Each submission must be accompanied by an image. (Sorry, Literary Artist’s, this means you have to upload an image, too. Don’t worry, we made this placeholder image,
in the proper dimensions, just for you.)
Dates and times:
- Call for art opens at Noon on January 1st, 2015.
- Early bird discount available January 1st- 7th
- Call for art closes January 31st, 2015 at 11pm PST
Fees and discounts:
- $32 for Visual Art, Literary Art, and Installations.
- Use the code “EarlyBird” for $10 off your submission fee if you submit by January 7th, 11pm.
- Free for Artists residing outside of North America
- Free for Film and Performance entries.
- Payment for fees is to be made via Visa/Mastercard on CallForEntry.org.
- Discount codes will be available on January 1st for Artists residing outside of North America, film and performance entries. Please email email@example.com for codes.
Photo by Matt freedman.
Artist Info Session – Jan. 10, 1pm
All local artists interested in learning about the submission process for the 2015 Festival are invited to attend a free informative session
on Saturday January 10th from 1pm-3pm in the FSPC Studio, located at 1608 15th Ave. W. Building B, Seattle 98119.
Photo by Michael Henry.
A Black Tie Affair – March 14
Mark your calendar for our return to the lovely Steve Jensen Studio
for this year’s Art Activist party.
Join us for an evening of entertainment, a silent art auction, delectable nibbles, cocktails, and mingling with Seattle’s sultriest crowd. Tickets go on sale in January.
All 2014 Art Activist Society members attend for free.
Photo by Alison Douglas.
The Festival may not be until April, but our Art Activist Society
members receive perks to Foundation and Festival events year round!
Your next exclusive Art Activist event is a brain-storming cocktail party on January 23.
Advocates, Activists and Champions receive free tickets to A Black Tie
Affair in March, as well as the Festival!
Seattle Erotic Art Festival encourages the creation, enjoyment, and purchase of erotic art—sparking conversations to ignite personal and cultural evolutions.
Call for Art opens at noon on January 1, 2015
Early bird discount available January 1 – 7 (discount code will be published by January 1. Check back here for details.)
Call for Art closes at 11:00 PM, January 31, 2015
Fees, General Guidelines
$32 for visual, installation, literary, and store artists
$22 after early bird discount
No fee for video/short film or performing artists
No fee to apply if you are an artist living outside of North America
Payment of a fee covers all works submitted for a category, up to the maximum allowed. For example, paying the fee for visual art allows you to submit up to 6 artworks, and paying the fee for literary art allows you to submit up to 6 literary works.
Payment for fees is to be made via Visa/Mastercard on CallForEntry.org.
Festival Store Fees
If you have paid a fee to submit visual, literary, and/or installation art, then the Store Curator will review your works and contact you if your works are accepted into the Store. Store submission fees are waived for artists who reside outside North America. For all other instances, the fee for Store submissions is $32.
We will be using CallForEntry.org to collect submissions. We encourage artists to set up a free artist profile and familiarize themselves with the website. All the information for the call will be updated on the website and the CallForEntry.org by January 1st.
Submission Limits and Formatting Rules
Visual Art: up to six (6) pieces may be submitted of any medium. Sculptors, multimedia artists, and painters are particularly encouraged to apply. Images must be included with all submissions.
Short Film: up to six (6) short films or videos may be submitted. Each submission may be up to 30 minutes in length. All video submissions must include a URL where Festival jurors can download the full film/video; no direct uploads to the Festival site will be permitted.
Installation Art: up to three (3) interactive installation proposals may be submitted. Proposals must be in PDF format; images may also be included. Proposals are introductory descriptions of your piece in as much detail as possible. Installations can be submitted as ideas, and need not be completed work at the time of submission. Some grant funding is available for installation ideas. Attachments and photos concerning an installation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Literary Art: up to six (6) literary pieces may be submitted — poems (up to 2 pages single-spaced), short stories (up to 1500 words, 7 pages double-spaced) and one-act plays or scripts (up to 15 pages including scene setup). PDF is the only accepted file format for literary submissions.
Performance Art: up to three (3) interactive performance proposals may be submitted. Performers 18 years old or older may submit for consideration for roaming and interactive performances, staged performance, and experimental interactive projects. Images must be included with all submissions.
Store Art: all artists 18 years old or older may submit items such as books, jewelry, cards, collectibles, etc. for consideration by the Festival Store. Artists may submit up to 6 items or groups of items to the Store, in quantities from 1 to 50 per item. Store Curator will contact accepted artists about the possibility of choosing more works for the Store than submitted.
Review image guidelines as stated on CallForEntry.org before uploading any images in your portfolio.
BE SURE TO HAVE ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION ENTERED COMPLETELY AND CORRECTLY IN THE SYSTEM AT THE TIME YOU PAY YOUR SUBMISSION FEE, AS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR ENTRY ONCE YOU FINALIZE YOUR SUBMISSION.
• Artists do not need to attend the Festival to be accepted
• Artists who reside outside North America, and invited artists, do not pay a submission fee
• Artists may submit for as many Calls for Art as they wish, but note that each Call for Art has distinct requirements and may have additional submission fees
• Artists may submit work only of their own creation
• Art previously exhibited at the Festival will not be considered for the exhibition but may be considered for the Festival Store
• Only electronic entries submitted via our online entry system will be accepted. Paper, email, CD, and all other forms of entry will be discarded for any call except Short Film/Video. Do not under any circumstances send original art as your Visual, Installation, and Store entries; you will be automatically disqualified from entry and your art will not be returned
• Images must be submitted in JPEG format. Please see CallforEntry.org media guidelines for specifications.
• Any image with a watermark that obscures the image or identifies the artist will be rejected
• Unfinished art or “works in progress” will not be considered by the jury (with the exception of installation art and performance proposals)
• Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be considered after the close of a Call for Art
• Submissions may be edited up until their Call for Art closes
• After the jury review, accepted artists may make updates to details about their works via our Artist Liaison
• Our system accepts only one image per submission. You may upload a a detail photo as an attachment for 3D or installation art submissions
• Substitutions are not allowed; the art submitted must be exactly the same as any accepted, delivered art
• Artists must provide a price for each submitted piece
• Artists may use a pseudonym or professional name; legal name will be kept confidential. Please be clear during the submission process about which name is to be used publicly. The “Professional Names” you have given us will be publicly viewable in the Exhibition and in related promotions
• Submission fees are non-refundable
• Tickets and passes are non-transferable
• All artists and any models depicted in art must be 18 years old or older as of March 22, 2015
• All accepted artists who use models in photographs will be required to submit a Models Age Certification form. The completed form must be delivered with the art. The Festival will keep this information on file to comply with United States Code, Title 18, Section 2257
• For all accepted, invited, and Store art sold during or as a direct result of the Festival, the Festival receives a 40% commission fee
• The Festival reserves the right to refuse to hang any piece of art delivered