Below the list of sex studies compiled by Dr. Justin Lehmiller are the results of a study on American seniors’ sex lives. “87% of women think the quality of sex improves with age and experience, compared with 77% of men.” Come to the Salon and ask me why?
WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN A SEX STUDY?
Listed below are links to ongoing studies of human sexuality by researchers around the world. You are eligible to participate in as many as you would like, depending upon whether you meet the selection criteria.
If you are a researcher and would like your study added to this page, please email the following information to email@example.com: the title and weblink for your survey, a sentence about the selection criteria (e.g., gender or sexuality restrictions), a sentence describing what will be asked of participants, the anticipated end date for data collection, and a note indicating whether your study has been approved by an IRB or ethics committee.
Thank you for your contributions to the science of sex!
- Romantic Relationship Qualities Survey (SUNY New Paltz) - The survey will ask you to rate the words which would best describe the qualities of a current or recent significant partner during your intimate personal or sexual experiences. The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. Participants must be at least 18 years old and fluent in English. Please feel free to share this survey with your friends. You may forward this or share the information on your social networking pages. Thank you for your time. [Added April 30, 2016]
- Sex Talk (Interdisciplinary Sexuality Research Collaborative at Widener University) -The ISRC is looking for 18-24 year olds in the Greater Philadelphia and Delaware Valley area to participate in a paid research study to talk about sex and relationships! There are TWO ways to participate: (1) A 90 minute one-on-one interview and receive a $35 gift card and/or (2) A 120 minute group interview with 4 to 6 of your friends and receive a $60 gift card. If you are interested please follow the link www.sextalkstudy.com to see if you are eligible. For more information email the ISRC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 610-490-7027. [Added February 15, 2016]
- Sexual Well-Being (Queen’s University) – Seeking participants in intimate romantic relationships who have been dating a minimum of three months for an online study on sexual problems and sexual well-being. We are looking for participants in diverse relationships with or without sexual problems or concerns. Participants must be 18 years of age or older and able to read and write in English. Completion of online questionnaires to assess sexual communication, partner responses, psychological well-being, and sexual and relationship functioning will take 45 to 60 minutes. Participants will be given the opportunity to be entered into a draw to win one of four $50CAD prizes. [Added February 12, 2016]
- Why Are You Doing Kegels? (University of Ottawa) – The goal of this study is to better understand why women practice Kegel exercises (also known as pelvic floor exercises or pelvic floor muscle training). To participate, you must be (a) a women, (b) over the age of 18, and (c) currently practicing Kegel exercises. You will be asked to complete an anonymous online survey that takes no more than 30 minutes to complete about your practice of Kegel exercises, your general health, and your sexual health. You will be given the opportunity to be entered in a draw to win a $100 Visa gift certificate. This study has been approved by the University of Ottawa’s Office of Research Ethics and Integrity. [Added December 7, 2015]
- Survey of Sexual Relationships (Ball State University) – We are conducting an on-line study that will further our understanding of people’s sexual relationships. The only requirements for participation in this study are that you are at least 18 years of age or older and are currently in either a “friends with benefits” relationship or a romantic relationship. Participation in this research will take less than 15 minutes of your time and requires only that you complete a brief survey that asks questions about your current relationship, personality, sexual attitudes, and sexual history. You will not be asked to provide any personally identifying information. [Added December 1, 2015]
- Sexual Behavior, Online Dating, and Personality (Federation University) – We are conducting a study assessing elements of sexual behaviour, online dating and personality. The questionnaire is anonymous and voluntary, and takes roughly 20-30 minutes to complete. You must be over age 18 to participate. [Added November 29, 2015]
- Sexual Desire and Desirability: Perceptions of Self and Others (James Cook University) – This is a 20 minute online survey for men and women over the age of 18. This survey contains a number of scales assessing the qualities and attributes people value in their sexual and romantic partners as well as in themselves as sexual people. This study also looks at attitudes toward different types of relationships, including long-term committed relationships and short-term sexual relationships. [Added November 11, 2015]
- Personality and Women’s Sexual Behavior (University of Central Lancashire) – In this study you will be asked about your personality, sexual behaviour, including your orgasms and your relationship with your current romantic partner. You must be a woman, heterosexual, currently in a romantic relationship of at least six months, over 18 years old and a fluent English speaker to take part in this study. [Added October 26, 2015]
- Effect of Education on Viewing Explicit Images (Yeshiva University) – This survey is designed to better understand the influence of pornography on health and behavior and to explore the relationship between pornography viewing habits and sex education received (from parents, school, or others). Participants must be over age 18 to take part in this study. [Added July 8, 2015]
- Sexual Experiences (University of Maryland) – This survey is about sexual behavior in relationships. Anyone over 18 years old and currently in a committed romantic relationship is eligible to participate. This survey takes 20-30 minutes to complete and you will be asked questions about your personality and dating behaviors. [Added May 6, 2015]
- Survey of Sexual Fantasies – This survey is open to all adults age 18 or older. You will be asked questions about your sexual fantasies, your personality, and your sexual history. The survey takes approximately 30 minutes to complete and all data will be recorded anonymously. Participants will have the opportunity to enter a drawing for an Amazon.com gift card. There will be one $100 prize, four $50 prizes, and eight $25 prizes awarded when data collection is complete.
- Dream Recall and Interpersonal Behavior (University of Maryland) – This survey is about dreams that contain sexual behavior. Anyone over 18 years old is eligible to participate, but you must be able to report a recent dream that contained sexual behavior. The survey also includes questions about personality traits, relationships, and sexual preferences. This study will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete.